How to Find the Best Dentist Near You
If you've just moved to a new area and are now looking for a new dentist, typing "best dentist near me" on Google isn't enough. Sure, you will get hundreds of results, but how are you going to sort through all of them? You need a better plan than a simple online search.
Keep reading to find the strategies that will help you find the best dentist in your area.
Start with the Basics
Most likely, there are dozens of dentists near you, so in order to narrow down your search, you need to consider some basic things:
- How easy is it to get to the dentist's office from your home and your workplace? Maybe you are more likely to get dental treatment during office hours and a practice closer to your office may be more convenient than one close to your home.
- Do they have convenient hours? Do they offer same-day appointments too?
- Do they have a website that you can use to check their services, send messages, and check other important information? After all, it's 2023 and a practice with a website stuck in the 90's might be a red flag.
Do Your Research
Now that you have a better idea of the dentists near you, it's time to narrow down your list even further:
- Ask friends and relatives for recommendations. This way you can get impressions from someone you trust and who actually interacted with the dentists you are considering.
- Check their credentials and make sure they are licensed and have the right type of training. If you are interested in implant restoration, for example, you want a dentist who has this type of training.
- Check their services too. Some practices offer a comprehensive list of services while others focus on certain specialties, like cosmetic dentistry.
- Make sure they accept your insurance plan or offer financial plans so you can get the treatment you need when you need it.
- Make sure the appointment and payment process is streamlined. The last thing you wish for when you are experiencing dental pain is being stuck in a bureaucratic hassle.
Schedule an Initial Consultation
A dentist may look good on paper, but the in-office experience may not be as perfect as expected. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, it's always a good idea to schedule an initial consultation so you can meet the dentist and their team, check the vibe and cleanliness of the office, see their approach and the tools they are using, and, generally, make sure you are a good match.
Looking for the Best Dentist in Greenville, SC?
We would love to greet you in our big Ladd Family Dental community. Book your appointment with us either online or by calling (864) 233-1533 and come meet Dr. Parke Ladd for an initial consultation and an honest chat.